Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Dork Days of Summer

Deep, resonating wind chimes, capriciously* harmonizing in the rich scale of A. The children quietly role-playing out a scene at their make believe pet shop. The cheery smell of real peanut butter and strawberry jam on soft, fresh, whole wheat bread. The refreshing oral sensation of Dr.Pepper so cold it’s slightly slushy. Alternating bright, then subdued light filtering in through the expansive kitchen window as puffy, pearly white clouds roll overhead on a breezy day.

As you may have noticed, I’ve recently been inspired to add two F’s to this on-line journal, Feelings and Fotos (roll with it). I’m beginning to see the value in this place being a time capsule of the kids’ childhood. A photo diary of what was, through their moms eyes. I thought about starting a separate blog, and maybe I still will. But really, why bother? I don’t think anyone is reading this that I’d mind sharing a few of my random, awkward feelings.

This might make it harder for my Treacher Collins families to get to the relevant information, so I’ll make a column to the left that will gather all the pertinent stuff, eventually.



Garrett saw his pulmonologist yesterday and mommy has a bit of a crush. The doctor had this dreamy accent, he thought I was in my early 20's!, and he said Garrett is a handsome happy little niƱo with a perfect heart and set of lungs. And now that he is officially one of Garrett's doctors, he can prescribe the equipment (a new torture device that sucks out the drainage from his nasal cavities) and the medication Garrett needs when he gets stopped up and can't breath at night. And even though he only has sleep apnea when sick, Dr. M still wants to run another sleep study. Not something to look forward to but the more info the better right... right?

While in the neighborhood we stopped and spent the day at the Scarborough Fair Renaissance Festival. It's a place we go every year since Gus was born... cus he loves them...yeah, er... he's such a dork. Anyway, I tried out a DSLR camera but I just don't think my skills are advanced to the point where a better camera will make a difference. I need to work on becoming a better photographer before I worry about out preforming my equipment. But I felt so supper cool carrying around that bad mama jama. And these are some of my favorites.

A mud nymph scurried by and smudged Brennas nose. She was a good sport about it.


My Robin Hood


Granna and Garrett The Great


Out of all her options; butterfly, fairy, unicorn... she wanted a fish, which she still hasn't let me wash off. Before bath-time her eyes grow big as she protectively cups her cheek and crackles "Peas not my fish. I wuv it". It will peal off scale by scale before I'll let a drop of water touch it. Believe it.


Well, it started off nice.
aaaaaawwwwwwww........................................ Gggaaahhhhhh!


And we finished the day with a grail of ale and a calm, relaxing, murderous joust.


*I didn't like using that word any more than you liked reading it, but damnit, that's exactly what they were doing! You try to find a word that better describes the way wind chimes UNrhythmically stutter and stammer, pause, ring soft, then suddenly loud, but all in a whimsical way that somehow sounds entirely on purpose.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics...

    Jen in CO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie...you have a wonderful gift...you write beautifully! Please continue...your children will love it one day! Hey...I loved it! I could see everything you talked about. The kids are growing so fast! Gus is so big...Brinna was nursing last time we saw her and Garrett...how cute can he be!!! Keep up the good work! Keep up with us on facebook! Love all yous...from all uses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope Ken is doing better. You've got your hands full with that one! lol And tell Amy to post some pics! Love to our 2nd family.

    ReplyDelete